Monday, May 24, 2010

Meet the Maker Monday: Lori Zinn of Paper Couture Designs.

Lori Zinn creates beautifully inspired greeting cards, and custom designed invitations, stationary, and announcements. Her design aesthetic is unique and fresh. This local artisan creates eye catching paper products with exceptional craftsmanship that is nothing less than PERFECT.






Can you tell me a little about how you became a designer, what drew you to paper?
I studied art and design in college and tried my hand in the advertising world for a little bit, while I didn't love the work I realized how much I loved paper. Paper stores became my favorite places to shop and I am still amazed at how many things you can create using a simple piece of paper.

Where do you look for inspiration when you are about to start something new?
I generally look for inspiration in my environment. I look at patterns that are naturally occurring and try to mimic that in my work. I also get inspiration from family, friends and traveling.

Your work shows a lot of texture and color – are there any specific color or texture combination's you’re into right now? or that might make its way into your work soon?
I love putting any color with chocolate brown. Lately I find that I am drawn to oranges, reds, and yellows. I am working on some new patterns right now that were loosely inspired by some recent travels that will be making their way into some new pieces relatively soon.

What does DIY and the handmade movement mean to you? Do you see the movement growing?
I definitely see the movement growing. I think people create handmade items because they are passionate about what they do and want to share that with people around them, how can that not grow?

What are some of your favorite spots in Ventura?
I love the when the flea market comes to the Ventura Fairgrounds. I also frequent used book stores as well as the antique stores downtown.










If you are an Etsy Seller who resides in Ventura County, CA, Please contact Heather at VCHandcrafters@gmail.comto join VCHC!




1 comments:

Amy May 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM  

Wow, very cool! I definitely like your style!

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP